Business cards are important for designers to have. They sum up what services/products you offer and how somebody can contact you on a small piece of paper. However, most designers don’t take advantage of their usefulness. They usually sit at home or in their pocket, never in the hands of somebody else.
Don’t let them go to waste by using these unique ways to distribute your business cards and gain more clients. (If you have any to add, we’d love to hear your ideas!)
1. Leave a business card on a mirror in a bathroom
2. Include your business card with your tip at a restaurant
3. Have your family and friends carry your business cards on them
4. Put a few business cards on community bulletin boards
5. Leave your business card in books pertaining to your business
6. Have your business card be your email signature
7. Leave a few business cards on coffee shop tables
8. Include a business card in everything you mail out
9. Place your business card in public phone books where your industry is listed
10. If you travel, leave a business card at the hotel before you leave
11. Buy a creative business card holder and display them at a local business
12. Use them as a name tag at social events
13. Leave a business card in public newspapers
14. Use your business card as discount or coupon for your service/product
15. Give extra business cards to your prospective client
16. Give a business card to your taxi driver
17. Leave a business card in an interesting place on the bus
18. Give a business card to each of your professors
19. Leave a few business cards at a public library
20. Leave them in the keyboards of computers at a computer store
What other ways do you use your business cards?
Have any of these ways worked for you? What’s your favorite option above? Let us know in the comments and discuss with fellow designers how you use your business cards.
PS. A note from the editor: Every time we publish a business card related post here at GDB, readers ask who we recommend for printing. I personally prefer OvernightPrints.com (*aff) – I’ve printed business cards and all sorts of other things through them and they are super easy to work with, the printing quality is awesome and delivery is quick. Find a printer that meets your needs, but if you have a hard time doing so, I would give these guys a try. Thanks for reading!
This post brought to you by 24 Hour Printing.