If you have a design blog, I can almost guarantee that at one point or another, you’ve had a hard time knowing what to write about on your design blog.
After all, producing great content on a daily or weekly basis can be more difficult than it sounds.
So today, I would like to offer a useful list of topics you can write about on your design blog. I’m sure I’ll leave some out, so add your suggestions in the comments.
58 topics to write about on your design blog
In my mind, there are two primary kinds of design blogs: blogs focused toward other designers, and blogs focused towards clients. Below you’ll find suggestions for both.
If you write for other designers, try these ideas:
- How to start a successful freelance business
- How to use the pen tool in Photoshop
- How to make money as a designer
- Where to go to school when learning about design
- How to treat clients who treat you poorly
- How to manage design projects
- Great web sites for design inspiration
- Attributes of successful designers
- How to create a logo in Illustrator
- How to design a web page using simple HTML and CSS
- Turning your static web site into a dynamic content management system
- How much to charge clients as a new designer
- How to create a style guide for your brand
- What to name your design business
- Common mistakes designers make
- How to find new clients
- How to finish projects on time
- What to do when you can’t find any design work
- When to work for free and when not to
- How much to charge for your design services
- How to build your first wordpress theme
- How to build your first web site
- How to run a successful small business
- Working with other designers
- How to design your own blog
- How to use CSS3 or HTML5
- Jquery tutorials
- Designing a facebook landing page
- Designing a user-friendly form
- Where to sell your designs online
- Where to find freelance design work online
- Design a twitter background you can be proud of
- How to get work done when working from home
- When to revamp your portfolio
- What to include in a good design portfolio
- How to solicit work from large companies
If you write for clients, try these ideas:
- What makes a good business logo
- Necessary elements of a great web site
- What to expect to pay for design services
- How long it should take to get a great logo
- How to choose colors and fonts that fit your brand
- Where to hire great designers
- The difference between static and dynamic web sites
- Logo design processes
- When to hire a full-time designer
- How design plays a part in your marketing efforts
- What makes a good designer/client relationship
- How to make your designer happy and get the results you want
- How to integrate your brand into all aspects of your company
- What makes a good facebook landing page?
- What makes a good landing page design?
- Common design mistakes businessmen make when it comes to web design
- How to give honest feedback without frustrating your designer
- When to redesign your web site
- When to rebrand your company
- Why your company needs a new logo
- Statistical improvements for companies who have solid brands, logos, and design styles
- How to design for a particular target audience
What do you write about on your design blog?
Finding the perfect things to write about on your design blog can be a really big challenge.
Help the rest of us out by leaving a comment and letting us know what you write about on your design blog.