Today, we’re joined by freelance designer Brent Galloway in an audio interview. Brent’s a freelancer, a blogger, and is working on some really great new projects, including a new blog for freelancers (details in the audio interview).
Here’s just a few things we talk about in this interview:
- When should I start freelancing?
- What holds some designers back from freelancing?
- Should you go to school before becoming a designer/freelancer?
- What skills or talents does a person need in order to be a successful freelancer?
- And more!
If you’re reading this in an email, or having trouble using the audio player below, you can listen on SoundCloud here.
Brent shares some priceless tips in this interview to take 12 minutes and have a listen. It’s worth every second. Enjoy!
This interview is just a portion of a much longer audio interview with Brent available only in our brand-new community, Stoked. In the full interview, Brent also addresses questions like:
- How do I diversify my income as a freelancer?
- How can I make more money as a designer?
- When is the right time to diversify my income?
- How can I find a balance between clients and passive income?
- What kinds of passive income are best for freelancers and designers?
- And more!
At the time of publishing, there are only 7 slots left in the Beta version of Stoked. We’re working hard on improving it and won’t open more seats until April, so if you’re going to join us, now is the time!
Join Stoked by clicking here.
(PS: If you like this sort of audio content, please take a minute to tweet, like, share or leave a comment. I want to make sure this is the right kind of content to be releasing at GDB. Thanks!)