Thanks so much for visiting GraphicDesignBlender.com. We’re dedicated to bringing your quality content that will help you build a stellar design business. Whether you’re freelancing, starting a design firm, giving it a shot as a solopreneur, or just want to learn more about the business of design, you’re in the right place. To get you started, we’ve compiled some of our favorite and most helpful posts below. This page is a great place to start. We’ve bolded the very cream of the crop if you’re short on time. And don’t forget to subscribe here or by using the form below to receive all the new posts we have coming up completely free. We’ll even throw in a free ebook.
- 13 must-read blogging resources for designers
- 58 Topics to write about on your design blog
- Basic web design principles that will make or break any site
- The best blogging advice I ever received and how it transformed my blog
- Four simple steps to get your design blog off the ground
- Designers, stop and think about why you’re blogging
- How to run a successful design blog without sinking your design business
- Is your design blog hurting your design business?
- The simple change that brought my design blog to life
- Three simple secrets to keep your readers coming back
- Why repeatedly bending over backwards for a client can actually hurt your relationship
- Are Your Communication Skills Scaring Away Your Design Clients?
- How designers can charge more without having an awkward client conversation
- How to communicate with intimidating design clients (without going nuts)
- How to handle hard-to-reach design clients
- How to handle a tough client you just can’t afford to ditch right now
- My design client “hates” my first proof. Now what?
- Minimize client revisions by pitching your proof like this:
- 8 Quick tips to improve client relationships overnight
- When a new client calls you, don’t freak out. Do this:
Contracts & Finances
Ebook: Contracts for Creatives
- Do designers deserve down-payments?
- How many design revisions do your clients get?
- How some clients rip off designers – and how you can avoid it
- How to quote a design project – and win the account
- Are client emails binding contracts?
- Offering price quotes to no-budget design clients
- 5 Contract terms that will keep you safe as a freelancer
- Should repeat design clients have to sign a contract?
- Why you should always have a contract – even for small jobs
Finding new clients
- My 9-step guide to attracting “A”-level freelance clients
- How to get tons of new clients (without spending a dime) with the “human billboard” method
- 11 ways to grow your design business in less than an hour
- Can you pitch your design business (well) in 15 seconds?
- This client-getting tactic worked so well…I actually had to stop using it.
- Does anyone know your design business exists?
- How I got tons of new design clients with this small freebie
- A “done-for-you” direct mail letter attract local clients
- 4 Secrets to making your clients stick for years
Stay updated on all our latest posts by subscribing below:
Growing your business
- Terrified to hire your first employee? 5 comforting words of advice.
- How to dominate any niche or industry
- Is devoting more time to WordPress really worth it for a print designer?
- Equipment for your freelance business: Buy or Get By?
- 8 Ways to build your business fast with $4 per day (the cost of a daily coffee)
- 5 Systems that will turn your freelance design business into a well-oiled machine
- This terrible, amazing exercise forced me to become a better designer
- No one taking you seriously? Here’s how to position yourself as an expert for massive credibility and respect
- 4 Easy ways to free your mind and watch your productivity soar
- Land your first BIG design client
Ebook: How Much Should I Charge?
- 25 ways designers can make money without dealing with design clients
- An $11,000+ boost with small “tweaks” to your design business
- Designers: conquer the budget beast once and for all!
- Entrepreneurs: follow this one simple principle to avoid wasting your hard-earned profit
- What your pricing strategy says about you as a freelance designer
- Freelancing is tough. Are you ready for it?
- How to upsell your next design project
- My secret to making steady money as a freelance designer
- The secret to saving an underpriced design project (and avoiding it next time)
- What I do when a web design client doesn’t pay me
Starting your business
- 10 Tips for Starting Your Own Design Business
- 40 Tips for brand-new freelance designers
- 7 Ways to save startup costs (that I wish I did 10 years ago!)
- 4 Glaring signs you need to take the freelance leap
- The truth about what to expect as a new freelance designer
- Help me name my design business! + tips on naming yours
- How to keep your first design gig from spiraling out of control
- Sole proprietor vs Corporations: Determine your freelance design business structure
- What should you get paid on your first freelance project?
- What’s really keeping you from freelancing?
Dedicate at least an hour a week to improving your business prowess. These posts are just the tip of the iceberg – Graphic Design Blender is bursting at the seams with wonderful advice from a variety of expert freelance designers. Join the community by signing up below: